May 11, 2020
Dear Members of our Orthodontic Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and in good health. Our community and our world have been through a lot in these past several months, and all of us are looking forward to returning back to our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same – our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control procedures are developed so that when you receive orthodontic care, it is both safe and comfortable. Today that is more important than ever!
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA). We have been following these agencies especially closely to make sure we are up to date and compliant with any new rulings or guidance that have been issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you to ask some screening questions about your current health.
- We have forehead thermometers to record everyone’s temperature – including ours!
- We have hand sanitizer we will ask you to use when you enter and leave our office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. We will adjust our schedule to reduce the number of patients in our office at one time. Thanks for your patience!
- Our reception area will not have magazines or the Keurig station, and there will be fewer chairs.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you please stay in your car and call the office at (319) 378-3333 to check-in.
- Following your appointment, please exit the building and call from your car to schedule the next appointment.
- Please brush your teeth before coming to the office for your appointment.
- Our clinical team will wear gowns, surgical masks and face shields – the stylish new normal!
- Anyone entering the office, including patients, must wear your own mask or face covering.
- Only patients with scheduled appointments will be allowed in the operatory area.
We are really looking forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the steps we have taken to keep our patients and staff safe. Thank you for being a member of our orthodontic family – we sincerely value your trust and loyalty!
Our very best,
Dr. David C. Gehring and his Team